We value the rights of our patients at Burgess Health Center. The following is an abbreviated list of patient rights and responsibilities. A copy of the complete policy is available here. (PDF)
At Burgess Health Center all patients are entitled to:
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Know by name those involved in providing your care.
- Have information explained in understandable terms.
- Make decisions about your care.
- Effective assessment and management of pain.
- Consideration of your privacy.
- Having your information treated as confidential.
- Participate in planning your care.
- Receive care in a safe setting.
- Have your spiritual, psychosocial and cultural beliefs respected.
- Have the right to determine your spokesperson.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Request information when you do not understand.
- Provide accurate medical information.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended.
- Consider the rights of other patients and Burgess personnel.
- Respect other patientâs and Burgess property.
- Follow policies affecting patient care and conduct.
Burgess Health Center does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age. You may click here for our non-discrimination statement and information on filing a grievance if Burgess Health Center has failed to provide services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.